Campbellford Memorial Hospital is dedicated to relief of illness, pain and suffering, and the promotion of health for the communities we serve. We welcome opportunities to hear about your experiences while receiving our care so we know what we are doing well and where we can improve.
Campbellford Memorial Hospital is also committed to addressing patient concerns and complaints in a fair and timely manner.
What Happens When You Make a Complaint?
- E-mail and telephone calls will be acknowledged within two business days.
- Letters will be acknowledged within five business days.
- If the person complaining is not the patient, CMH must obtain consent from the patient to discuss their case. In situations involving those patients incapable of giving consent, consent to release information must be obtained from the substitute decision maker.
- We investigate the case based on the information provided. Investigation may include some or all of the following:
- Contacting managers, program directors or other supervisors
- Contacting the care providers who were involved in providing care
- Reviewing the medical chart of the patient
- Contacting other relevant departments involved in patient care or support, such as inpatient nursing, environmental services, nutrition and food services, diagnostic imaging, finance, etc.
- We will contact you with the results of our investigation as soon as possible. We strive to resolve complaints within 30 working days. Some complex matters may take longer than 30 days to resolve, however we will provide you with regular updates regarding the investigation and the status of your complaint.
For more information, pleaseview the following Quality Care Board Policy:
pdf Customer Relations and Complaints (4 KB)