Campbellford Memorial Hospital Diagnostic Imaging Department is now live on the Ocean eReferral Network.
Ocean eReferral digitizes the traditionally paper-based fax referral process between healthcare providers and CMH’s Diagnostic Imaging department, enabling smoother transitions in care and improved provider and patient experience.
If you are a provider currently utilizing Ocean, you will be able to locate the listing by searching for “CMH – Campbellford Memorial Hospital Dignostic Imaging”.
If you are a provider that is not currently utilizing Ocean to send referrals, we encourage you to consider taking advantage of this Ministry of Health-funded initiative which has been implemented at other Central East hospitals with positive results. Please refer to the frequently asked questions section for information on how to participate.
The Ocean eReferral Network is free for both senders and receivers. For providers it simplifies and streamlines the referral management process as it provides a more effective means to submit, process and track your diagnostic imaging referrals over the traditionally paper-based fax referral process. Referrals received through this mechanism will be consistently clearer and comprehensive and will provide an improved ability to communicate more effectively and efficiently with the referring providers. Direct patient communication/scheduling via email is another functionality offered by Ocean and we look forward to adding this functionality for CMH in the coming months.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please contact CMH Diagnostic Imaging Department at 705-653-1140 x2142 to be directed to a team member that can assist you with your inquiry.
Yes. Faxed referrals will continue to be accepted at CMH for the time being. Like other Diagnostic Imaging departments in the Central East, CMH’s aim is to ultimately transition fully to eReferral environment following a period of transition. For more on the benefits of Ocean eReferrals, please see below.
A referral can be faxed or placed via Ocean, and the CMH DI Department will need to be contacted directly at 705-653-1140 ext. 2127 by the provider to inform them of the urgency.
• Referral forms with mandatory fields results in fewer incomplete referrals
• Can quickly and easily message the sending doctor with a question
• Can configure automatic reminders and the system can automatically mark the referral as complete at a determined time after the appointment is complete
• Helps satisfy CPSO Referral Receiver requirements
• Trash the fax – secure, legible, no lost referrals
• Electronic Medical Record integration
• Searchable, map-based directory (wait times listed)
• Real time communication between CMH and referring providers will continue
• Primary care provider receives regular referral status notifications
• Saves time and phone calls chasing down referral dates, times and confirmations
• [Coming soon] Automated patient appointment confirmation and updates via email