Welcome to our team of dedicated, creative and caring Volunteers.
The goals of our Volunteer Services are in accordance with the overall mandate and goals of the Hospital. These are:
- To give service to the Hospital whereby the quality of life of patients is enhanced;
- To create a warm and caring environment of patients, their families and visitors; and
- To foster good community relations and assist the Hospital in interpreting its mandate and services to the community.
The following activities are opportunities and services provided by our volunteers.
- Information desk - main lobby
- Escort patients to different departments
- Friendly visits with patients
- Read to or visit with patients
- Fill and distribute patient water jugs
- Transport specimens to laboratory
- Transport equipment or supplies to various departments
- Run various errands
- Distribute mail and flowers to patients
- Distribute patient satisfaction surveys to patients
- Assist in physicians clinics
- Breast screening program – orientation of patients
- Transport wheelchairs or stretchers to various departments
- General filing
- Distribution of reading material to patients
- Photocopy / Fax
- Direct visitors and patients to various areas
- Assistance with patients meals
- Fold pamphlets, stuffing envelopes, etc.
- Be a liaison between patients / visitors and staff
- Serve on various teams / committees within the hospital
Are you interested in becoming a volunteer? There are several steps involved in becoming a volunteer. All volunteers are trained and attend an orientation to help understand the responsibilities and duties as a volunteer. No hospital or medical experience is required. Please visit the “How to become a Volunteer” section for more information.