Our convenient out-patient surgery program offers many surgical procedures without the need for an overnight stay. We perform surgeries in many specialties including:
- General Surgery
Our Surgical Suite is comprised of three units:
- The Operating Theatres
- The Post-Anaesthetic Recovery Unit
- An eight-bed Surgical Day Care Unit
Central Booking will call you with your procedure date and instructions.
The Admitting Department will call you two working days before your procedure with your arrival time.
We require that you make your own arrangements for someone to pick you up at the Hospital after your surgery. To ensure your safety, we cannot allow you to drive yourself home, nor to use taxis and public transportation.
Outpatient Surgery Checklist
- Complete pre-operative testing, if required
- Arrive on time
- On the day of your procedure, report directly to the Day Surgery Unit on the First Floor
- Follow the instructions concerning eating and drinking you received during your pre-admission interview call
- Arrange for someone to pick you up after your surgery
- Leave valuables at home, including cell phones
- Remove all make-up before coming to the Hospital
- Wear comfortable, casual clothing
- Bring your insurance, OHIP or other insurance card
- If you are under 18, a parent or legal guardian must accompany you
Pre-Admit Day Surgery Clinic
This is an opportunity for you to meet with a member of the operative team to outline what you can expect from the procedure, including the optimum outcome. We will also review any tests or information that may be required from you or the family physician.